Chances are, you've heard the saying that "money loves speed".
I've altered it slightly for me to "success loves speed", with success defined as "achieving a goal", whether it be personal, business, revenue-related, etc.
That said, the calendar shows we have 95 days left in 2010. Or do we?
95 calendar days actually translates to how much time to get things done?
Let's make a couple assumptions:
- You're an entrepreneur who considers herself/himself to be pretty productive on an ongoing basis (note: "productive" means getting the RIGHT things done and does not mean "busy").
- You take off (meaning don't work) the equivalent of 3 weekends a month (whether full weekends, nights, etc.).
Okay, so we start out with 95 days less:
- 6 days (3 weekends) for October
- 6 days (3 weekends) for November
- 6 days (3 weekends) for December
Now we're down to 77 days…
- Then there's "household/family" stuff which takes an average of a full day each week. So deduct another 14 days.
Now we're down to 63 days…
- Then there's Thanksgiving (in the US), let's say 2 days for prepping and enjoying family and December holidays, let's say another 5 days to include prepping, shopping, celebrating, eating, visiting, etc.
Now we're down to 56 days…
Are you attending any conferences or workshops? Remember to deduct that time, plus travel and before/after prep time.
Going to visit friends/family this holiday season? Deduct that time, plus travel.
Need a day to just "chill", deduct again.
"Not feeling it" today, just not inspired or not sure where to start with your mile long list? Deduct time wasted in overwhelm.
And remember that "56 days" is not actually "56" days…deduct sleeping, eating, showering, prepping, admin work, etc. and let's assume, and this is VERY generous, that you're truly productive for 5 hours a day, that makes your 56 days more like a full 11 days (assuming you didn't have to deduct more for the items above or for anything else).
Now…knowing that you have roughly 11 full days before the end of the year AND that success likes speed, what are you going to do with the rest of your day?
If you're not sure, it's time to schedule a strategy session with me to get you on track with reaching your 2010 goals.