Each year, for years, I’ve picked one word to focus the upcoming year around. The hub around which all else rotates.
For 2015, that word is “health”:
- Physical Health
- Spiritual Health
- Financial Health
Each with its respective goals for the year.
And this year, I’ve chosen to add a separate component, one to help keep me focused and accountable. Inspired by all the #365Projects from 2014, most especially Get It Done Right Member Corinna Rake’s #365FeministSelfies, it’s #365Health.
Each day in 2015, it’s my goal to notice and capture something related to an improvement in health — be it physical, spiritual or financial — and share that on social media (with summary posts here) as inspiration for myself and others.
It can be as simple as a picture of the ocean or a sunrise (spiritual health) to a picture of my forthcoming book cover (financial health) or even a simple dinner lovingly made (physical health).
There are lots of #365Projects out there:
Your #365Project is limited only by your imagination.
Why, with everything going on and all the hats that we wear as business owners would I recommend considering such an endeavor? There are several reasons:
- Increased focus. And, after all, what we focus on tends to expand.
- Increased visibility. It inspires you to get out there more. More for you and for your business.
- Conquer old fears (if you have them) around being on the front side of the camera.
- Camaraderie with others who are embarking on their own #365Projects.
- Increased content creation — it gets you in the habit of creating content other than only writing.
And, for those of us who use and love vision boards, a #365Project is like watching your vision board come to life — you see each step of the journey. (Click here to tweet this.)
Are you considering a #365Project for 2015? If so, for what? Please share in the comments below — I’d love to see what you’re up to.
And if a #365Project feels like too much of a commitment right now, how about a #52Project (one a week) or a #12Project (one a month)? What will serve you and your goals best?