Recently a potential client mentioned that she almost didn’t reach out as the name of my business (The Martini Way) didn’t resonate with her.
She immediately went to the “alcohol” place.
While I changed the company name over two years ago, I never shared the “why” behind it and, given that my last name is also the name of a popular beverage and there are bars worldwide which share the same name, I decided to give a little behind-the-scenes and add it to my website.
So here we are. . .
While “yes”, “Martini” is my last name, the “Way” part isn’t about me. It’s a tribute to my Dad and the way our parents raised us.
The principles are simple:
- Continually strive for excellence
- Be the best you can be at whatever you choose to do
- Do what you say when you say
- When you mess up (and you will), own up and do what you can to make it right
- And, above all, be kind and treat others how you want to be treated, or better
This business, The Martini Way, and the tenets of Extreme Client Care™ and Escalator Marketing™ are my tributes to one of the most wonderful men ever, my Dad, Franco (Frank) Martini.
Why have you named your business the way you did? Please comment below – I’d love to know.