The past few of weeks have been "off" our regular routine in that my Mum sold her house of 36 years and has decided to move to South Carolina, I was vacationing in New Hampshire the next week (pretty much unreachable), preparing for and attending my sister's beach wedding for 70 people last week (we served as wedding planner), Mum bought a house in SC and my primary assistant is on her honeymoon this week.
With all the personal stuff going on, you'd think that nothing's been going on in the business. . .truth is, I've been hosting teleseminars, client consulting, signing a new client, hosting a 30 Day Blogging Challenge, writing my ezine, mailing out over 50 handwritten cards, putting up a new site, getting ready to launch my signature system, etc.
This is the first time I've actually thought about everything that's been happening over the past few weeks and taking the time to celebrate all that's been, and is being, accomplished.
And it's all been happening for two reasons:
1. I have a well-trained Team to support me so that things keep moving and
2. Systems are in place so that someone can be out and the business keeps going with nary a hiccup
While it may not immediately come to mind, these two things form the basis of your Client Attraction and Client Retention efforts.
So let me ask you…
- What would happen if you walked out of the office today, right now to spend the day totally unplugged doing something YOU wanted to do? Would work continue? Would things get done? Or would you face a larger pile with more emails and more stress when you return?
- Do you have someone to sort through your emails, sending you only those which require your attention?
- Do you have Client Welcome Packets at the ready for when a new client comes on board? Are they personalized so they feel truly welcomed from Day 1?
- What happens if you're unexpectedly out of the office and it's time for your ezine to go out? Is there an extra article waiting for such an occurrence or an old one ready to be repurposed or does your ezine wait?
- If you're running a program which provides quarterly gifts as part of it, whose in charge of ensuring they happen? If it's you, chances are, it will become your clients and that's not good for retention.
All of the above, and much more, are easily handled when you have the right team and the right systems in place.
What one thing can you do today to move your Team or one of your systems forward?
Just one…please let me know in the comment section below. — this is a great way to hold yourself accountable as well. 🙂